Thread: Sunroof has no block out screen?

Thanks

Default Sunroof has no block out screen?

Hi There,

I'm considering purchasing a Superb however I noticed that the pano sunroof in the Superb does not have a full blockout screen attachment, it simply has a "shadecloth" type of screen.

I asked the salesman is there a full blockout screen he said no. He stated that the installed screen blocks out 90% of the light.

I'm not so concerned about the light but more worried about the heat.

Does anyone here have any real life experience? Does excessive heat penetrate this screen?

Thanks.

Hi I have a Superb Sportline wagon with a panoramic sunroof and had no issues with the heat parked in full sun. I normally crack the roof open on tilt and the sunshade shuts all the way but the last few inches. It has a black suede interior but hasn't been unbearable to sit in. They also have a function that opens all the windows by holding the unlock button down which allows the car to vent for a few minutes before you climb in.

J

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jslux For This Useful Post:

Numbnuts (December 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Thanks for the tip Jslux.

Thanks

I've got a 'blind' in my old S5... I thought the same, but hasn't been a problem. But then again, I'm not parking it in the sun all day, it's normally in a garage.