Thread: Skoda Kodiak charging dock intermittency?

Thanks

Default Skoda Kodiak charging dock intermittency?

Skoda Kodiak, 2017 plate, about 8 months since drive-away, now having intermittent charging on/off, and the 'infotainment' now flashing between charging and not charging.

It's not the phones (several Apple and Android phones tested experience the same thing), and the phones are connected to the wifi calling, but the charging dock seems to be flakey.

Anyone else experienced something similar, and is it a flakey fuse thing, or a more serious "design flaw"?

Thanks, John

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

I doubt if it's a fuse, as if blown, it would work or not work all the time.

I would say take it to the dealer and scan for codes, or an independent to scan for errors..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

John Hooper (January 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I doubt if it's a fuse, as if blown, it would work or not work all the time.

I would say take it to the dealer and scan for codes, or an independent to scan for errors..
    Update on the Kodiaq Qi "phonebox" intermittent phone charging issue, from the UK Skoda forum Briskoda, see link to the thread below.

Obviously not a fuse problem (ie it either works or doesn't work), but in the UK at least, there's been an instruction to Skoda dealerships to disable the phone signal enhancement for legal reasons, which has apparently impacted on Qi phone charging, etc.

However, this doesn't explain intermittent on/ off "phonebox" charging. And furthermore, I haven't had a dealership service or "infotainment" software update for nearly 6 months. So, hopefully just a tweek of the car's software.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment-5172424

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John Hooper View Post
    Update on the Kodiaq Qi "phonebox" intermittent phone charging issue, from the UK Skoda forum Briskoda, see link to the thread below.

Obviously not a fuse problem (ie it either works or doesn't work), but in the UK at least, there's been an instruction to Skoda dealerships to disable the phone signal enhancement for legal reasons, which has apparently impacted on Qi phone charging, etc.

However, this doesn't explain intermittent on/ off "phonebox" charging. And furthermore, I haven't had a dealership service or "infotainment" software update for nearly 6 months. So, hopefully just a tweek of the car's software.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment-5172424

Hi All

Not sure if I have already updated progress on solving this 'Qi phonebox charging' issue (ie I can't find any subsequent posting from me on this Tapatalk site), but the Skoda dealer in Brisbane AUS found that the Qi charging dock plate has failed (my second tech failure since purchase about a year ago, following the bootlock failure about 3 months after purchase in 2018, which the dealer also suggested might be a future recall repair issue for 2017 plated Kodiaq models).

I'm still waiting for the import (from Czeck, Germany, or wherever) of the replacement of the Qi phone charge docking recharge plate, but still loving my Kodiaq
    (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment=5186452).

Thanks

nice one. I don't mind failures inside warranty period, it's when they are outside that gets to me!