Thread: New to Skoda's, be gentle

Thanks

Default New to Skoda's, be gentle

G'day!

I'm Tom, and as the title may suggest, I am new to Skoda (converting from Ford)

Have to admit, I was a bit shocked when I drove my first Skoda (Now my MKIII Octavia RS 162TSI) as I was actually chasing a 2015 WRX, but decided to go a bit cheaper and for a wagon, but it was the better car!

Currently looking at all the tune free mod's I can, performance air filter & cat back, as I appreciate the sound of the car over knuckle whitening performance.

Anyhow, cheers for having me.

Hi Tom,

Congrats on the car choice. They are great cars from my experience so far. As for mods there is fair bit of chatter about APR stuff which there were a number of distributors in Oz. As you point out the majority of upgrades are custom tuning chips. Maybe our admin can help you further as he is a Skoda vet. J

Thanks

Welcome Tom.

Where abouts are you located? Yes, there are options out there like APR, superchips and others...

Once you start though, it can be a long road

Thanks

Cheers guys!

I'm in Melbourne and struggling to find any affordable cat-back options. Any recommendations on off the self products would be appreciated, otherwise I will look at custom options. If I go down the path of flash tuning, it'll probably be a bluefin tune due to its affordability and that it seems to be a little less aggressive, which will be after my warranty ends next year.

Not really new to modding, performance or appearance wise. My FG XR6 had extractors, race cat, cat-back and CAI with a 98 octane tune. My outgoing FG G6E had a cat-back and blacked out exterior trims as I wasn't interested in spending heaps on the family car. The Skoda is the new family car and it's on par with the G6E speed wise, just needs a better soundtrack

Must admit I looked at the options for my Superb as its a bit drony but everything off shelf was off shore:
    https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/skoda-superb-sedan-wagon-4x4-20-tsi-280-hp-2015.aspx
    Which makes it $$$ to get hold of.
    This company claims to supply them in Oz but I think its would be supply to order,
    http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/supersprint-skoda-octavia-catback-racing-p-14752.html

Last edited by Jslux; June 19th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

give the guys at faststuff in Melb and see if they can help you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jslux View Post
    Must admit I looked at the options for my Superb as its a bit drony but everything off shelf was off shore:
    https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/skoda-superb-sedan-wagon-4x4-20-tsi-280-hp-2015.aspx
    Which makes it $$$ to get hold of.
    This company claims to supply them in Oz but I think its would be supply to order,
    http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/supersprint-skoda-octavia-catback-racing-p-14752.html

Way too expensive hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    give the guys at faststuff in Melb and see if they can help you...
    Cheers, I'll have a look!

I've approached Xforce Aus who said they will be looking at Skoda's in the next year or so, but stuff waiting.

Reckon I might go custom catback through someone like Daalder or similar and see how I go.

PS: apologies for the late replies, I login where I can and when I remember
    Last edited by Wilkshire; July 16th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.