Thread: 2015 Skoda Octavia RS audio help

Thanks

Default 2015 Skoda Octavia RS audio help

Hi all

I'm new to the forum but have had my 2015 Skoda Octavia RS for almost 4 years now and love everything about it.

In saying that I just would like to hear ideas and suggestions surrounding the audio system. It's the model before apple car play and Android, so I have always run my music off my iPod. This said my iPod has recently died and I have a Samsung S9 phone.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to run music from my phone now effectively, programs in it for, or would it be better to look at updating the head unit in the car if it can be done. I have done some sports mods to the car and intend on keeping the car for a while yet.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I would look at upgrading the head unit. There are a lot of options depending on the one you have got. Have a look on Briskoda, a UK site for Skodas and has a lot of info. Some of the VW sites are good too because of the same equipment, in Aus there is Vwwatercooled.
    Gordo

Thanks

there are plenty of 'add on' boxes on allibaba and sites like that, which are 'supposed' to be plug-n-play to give you carplay etc.

Give the guys at Audio Fidelity in Melb a call and see what they recommend, then as Gordo said, the other sites are a good source for who has tried the 'other/overseas' units to see which ones have worked, and which ones have not.