Thread: Navigation maps update for 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout.

Thanks

Default Navigation maps update for 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout.

I live in Hobart Tasmania and own a 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout which is not due for servicing.

I would like to update the navigation maps and I understand I need to download updated maps

and put them on a micro SD card which is placed in the entertainment unit to facilitate the update.

I have not been able to download any updates from Skoda and would appreciate if someone could advise me

where I could download them. Thanks

Thanks

Not sure what the deal is with the dealer and 'free' maps. Have you approached them to see if that is something they offer for free, or if you have to pay?

This site seems to give you the details for uploading to your system however..
    https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Thanks

Default Update of Australian Navigation Maps for Skoda Octavia

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Not sure what the deal is with the dealer and 'free' maps. Have you approached them to see if that is something they offer for free, or if you have to pay?

This site seems to give you the details for uploading to your system however..
    https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Thank you for your response. I discovered that I had made a mistake in reading the Vin of my vehicle as I read a 'G' as a 6. The update site now recognized my vin but the updates for the navigation maps was a huge twenty three gigabytes. I presume that is for world wide maps but I only want maps for Australia. Can you advise if it possible just to update the Australian maps.

Thanks

Default Success in updating the navigation maps in my 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout.

Today I completed the task of updating the navigation maps in my 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout.

These are the steps I took.

1. Downloaded the twenty three gigabyte update file from https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ (I inquired at to whether I could just update

the Australian maps only but there is no provision for doing this.)

I used my PC computer to retrieve the download and unpacked it from the zip file. I copied the three files onto a 64 GB USB key that was formatted in the NTFS format.

I then placed this USB key into the USB slot located just above the small storage compartment at the front end of the center console. I then turned on the Navigation System and went to the setup

button, and then to the Version Information which showed I was still using maps from 2016. I then pressed the update button and the system searched for the USB key and found it and the

update process started. It took about an hour and half to complete and now my maps are dated 2020.

On one site I read that the motor should be running during the update process but this is not true. I did start the car initially but switched the motor off once the updating was taking place.

There is a message displayed telling you what percentage of the update procedure has been completed at that point of time.
    Last edited by Hobartian; December 9th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks

awesome mate, good news in the end... I wonder if it also updated the 'firmware' as well, which is sometimes the case..

Thanks

jnrdavo, the map update does not appear to have changed the firmware or software.

Thanks

Ok, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk