Thread: Stalling

Thanks

Default Stalling

Wondering if anybody out there has had a similar issue and what was the rectification
    The issue is on a 2010 octavia with 1.8 chain driven motor mated to 6 speed wet clutch dsg
    The problem is that the vehicle is stalling. It can be reproduced all yhe time by cycling from reverse to drive while parking. When selecting drive the motor will stall.
    Basic items such as dsg servcie and full calibration have been done and also all basic settings for engine components such a Throtte valve have been done. Also no faults are stored
    Has anybody out there ever had an issue like this? I belive it is very rare fro a dsg to stall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

that is a strange one.

Couple of questions.

1. Does it always staff when you do the above, or 90%, 50% of the time?
    2. What happens when you go from Drive to Reverse? Does it ever stall (10% of time, never, 90% of time)?
    3. What happens if you go from Reverse to Neutral (for a second), then to drive? Does it stall?

Thanks

When driving normally and just before coming to a complete stop it will nearly stall or sometimes it will stall
    When trying to make it happen only stalls in drive
    Will never stall in reverse

Never stalls if shifting through gears slowly.

Im thinking its a mechatronic issue
    i have seen reverse failures on vw golf and a clutch pack is required and a fault for mechanical disengagement is stored. This vehicle had no faults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

yeah, that's strange. I'm no professional, but could be a hose/vacuum leak somewhere that is changing the idle value..

Best get it to a independent to see what they say. Where abouts are you located?