Thread: "P - Issue" - Fabia (MY18 Monte Carlo Wagon) can't lock doors!

Thanks

Angry "P - Issue" - Fabia (MY18 Monte Carlo Wagon) can't lock doors!

Annoying and perplexing

Anyone had a similar issue? My Maxi dot display shows an error (Full error message: "Error: workshop! Only leave vehicle in position P") whereby after I switch the car off (KESSY), the car thinks I am not in Park and as a consequence, the doors will not lock!

It's happened 16 times in 24 months and every time the dealership says they fixed it. Lasts from 15 minutes to 4 days then fixes itself. Happens on ad hoc basis. Escalated to Consumer Protection because I've run out of options.

Anyone have anything helpful for me please?

-B
    IMG_20200825_075653_copy_756x1008.jpg

Thanks

As the dealer for a report on what they are actually fixing/replacing (a complete list for each visit).

You are entitled to see what work is done. At least with this, you know if they are actually doing any swaps/software updates etc.

Any other dealers that you could take it to?

Thanks

Thanks jnrdavo.
    We have. It looks like they have replaced the switch a few times and also the entire system a few more times (shift lever etc) and most recently the ECU but still no luck.
    Not sure about another dealer - it's under warranty etc.

Cheers anyway.

Thanks

You should be able to take your car to any dealer for warranty repairs. You are not locked in to the one that you purchased from...

Good to hear at least they have replaced some stuff, but bad to hear it hasn't fixed the issue (double edged sword that one!)