Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weathersheilds

Thanks

Hi Warpedchilli.... Picking up the car this morning... Thursday December 10th. It has been a mammoth wait for delivery, almost 19 weeks... 131 days to be precise. I will report back as soon as I can as to how the weathershields are and how the rest of the car is.

congratulations on your new arrival. Was the wait worth it and all that you expected?
    Look forward to hearing about it. We recently had our 2nd service by dealer and the only extra we had done was change brake fluid and pollen filter, otherwise nothing was up with "Yoda" which was good to hear. They even gave him a bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Leapoz View Post
    Hi Warpedchilli.... Picking up the car this morning... Thursday December 10th. It has been a mammoth wait for delivery, almost 19 weeks... 131 days to be precise. I will report back as soon as I can as to how the weathershields are and how the rest of the car is.

Thanks

great news on the car. One of the best feelings in the World I think ;-)

Thanks

Well.... we have the car at long last and yes Warpedchilli it was well worth the wait. What a cracking little car. I certainly notice the drop in power compared to my previous Ford Falcon but I can hardly say I am surprised... 1.2 litre turbo four cylinder versus 4.0 litre six cylinder but to be honest, it is not an issue at all. The Yeti drives really nicely, picks up just fine and rides really smoothly. I have not noticed a single gear change yet from the 7 speed DSG box, it is quiet, smooth, refined and feels very solid and planted on the road. I have noticed that in the few days I have had it it has rained every time I have opened the garage door!!! Therefore it has already been washed twice. It feels like a much larger and much more expensive car, the panoramic sunroof, does give a little wind noise if open at any position but it is a small price to pay, the extra light and ventilation is wonderful. I am trying to work my way through the handbook, I think I need a weekend residential course just to understand the radio/sat nav section. On a serious note.... when we ordered the car we optioned the tech pack which was meant to include park assist, the self parking system, on delivery it was not fitted. The dealer was not happy and very embarrassed, he phoned Skoda Australia who told him that there had been a small specification change and park assist was no longer included in the tech pack for my model. It cannot be retro fitted and so the dealer has given me three years free servicing instead which to be honest is much more worthwhile and has a far higher monetary value. I doubt I would have used park assist once I had shown off to a couple of friends. Now, you asked about the weathershields we got from SuperSkoda... they are great, they fit under the window channels not outside the door frame and look as if they were made with the car, they stop draughts and wind noise and look really good. I highly recommend them.

Thanks

Thanks jnrdavo.... It is a lovely feeling going to the dealer to collect a new car. I have done it a few times before in my many years of car ownership but the novelty never wears off. I can highly recommend Peninsular Skoda in Frankston, they have been so good to deal with, helpful, friendly and very communicative. A thoroughly professional dealership, no hard sell, just unendingly helpful.