Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weathersheilds

Default weathersheilds

G'day everyone, I'm looking for some Yeti weathersheilds. Can't find any on Ebay as of yet, does anyone have them if so where did you get them. Just put a dashmat on we bought from Shevron on EBay in west aust, not to bad fit.

Brandon

They don't offer them as genuine accessories, so i'm not sure.
    Simply Clever - Or am I?

Thanks

I have an MY16 Yeti on order and asked the dealer about weathershields. He told they are not available in this country through Skoda and advised me to go to the website for Superskoda.com, they are based in Prague, Czech Republic. They seem to do just about every accessory you can think of for any Skoda model. I ordered a set of four weathershields from them... including postage it came to just under $100. I ordered online on the tuesday morning and they arrived the following monday. Pretty impressive service.

Quote Originally Posted by Leapoz View Post
    I have an MY16 Yeti on order and asked the dealer about weathershields. He told they are not available in this country through Skoda and advised me to go to the website for Superskoda.com, they are based in Prague, Czech Republic. They seem to do just about every accessory you can think of for any Skoda model. I ordered a set of four weathershields from them... including postage it came to just under $100. I ordered online on the tuesday morning and they arrived the following monday. Pretty impressive service.
    Thanks for the reply Leapoz. The weathershields are they fixed inside the glass window recess or are fixed to the window frame and how dark are they ? When do you expected delivery of your new Yeti and what are details of yours going to be? Supaskoda service does seem to be impressive considering where they are!

Thanks

Hi Warpedchilli.... They appear to fit inside the window recess and NOT to the window frame, they are about as dark as the tinted windows on the car. Details of my car... ok, it is a MY16 81TSi Active with 7 speed DSG gearbox, pearlescent moon white, Nav Pack (6.5 inch Amundson Sat Nav touch screen with DAB radio, front fog lights), Tech Pack (Bi-Xenon Adaptive headlights with washers, LED Day Running Lamps, Park Assist, Rain Sensor, Light Assist, LED rear lights etc etc) and the panoramic roof with electric interior blind. It will be our first Skoda and we cannot wait. We are purchasing the vehicle from Peninsular VW Skoda in Frankston, Victoria and they have been absolutely superb, no hard sell at all, very informative and very helpful. We also decided to have the paint and fabric protection and are tinting the front windows to match the privacy glass at the rear. We expect delivery around early to mid November.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leapoz For This Useful Post:

jnrdavo (September 10th, 2015)

G'day Leapoz, Sounds like it is going to be a very enjoyable Yeti. My personal opinion you are going to love it! Bet you can't wait to receive the Yeti. We've got a MY12 77tsi 6 sp manual basic, with paint, fabric protection and dark tinting. Platinum silver, I really wanted white but I had no choice of colour, it was either platinum silver or nothing! So the salesman called it shiny white! Either way we haven't had any issues with the car, we have owned since Dec'13 and only around 15000k on the clock. We recently did a trip to Sydney to collect a Teardrop caravan and the fuel economy was excellent, although we could of got more if it wasn't for all the road works making you go SLOW for klms. Loved the outside Temp warnings late at night suddenly ding and being told 2deg cel outside and lower. Towing well most of the time we didn't notice much difference to normal driving, but I guess that depends on what you are towing.

Thanks

Hi Warpedchilli... sounds like you are very happy with your Yeti... I honestly haven't heard a bad word said about them. We did a lot of research into other vehicles of that kind or around that price and the Yeti is head and shoulders above the rest for equipment, build quality and good reviews. Ours will not do a lot of kms, maybe 8 or 9,000 per year. We have another fairly new car and they will swap around each week. One week I will use the Yeti for work and my wife will have the other car for pottering around near home and the next week we swap... that way both cars do a low mileage rather than one of them racking up a lot of kms and other doing very little. I have sold my 2004 Falcon which was in excellent conditions, sailed through the roadworthy with absolutely nothing to report on, and I know I will probably miss the effortless power and cruising ability of the nice big straight six but to be honest, for the majority of the kind of motoring we will be doing the Yeti will be more than sufficient. Tell me though, do you get yours serviced at main dealers or do you use independent mechanics... the cost of servicing at the main dealer is pretty high to be honest. I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Hi Leapoz, I've only yet taken it in for its first service last year. Ours has 3yrs fixed service price or maybe more. Either way I have choosen to continue with the fixed price service till I used the time frame up. My reasoning is being new (my 1st new) and they would know the current issues if any going around. After that time frame expires I intend to have serviced with some other firm. Our son has a second hand Octavia series 2 DSG and when he bought it it had already it's second service by VW dealership. It was recently serviced by Kmart Auto and the most expensive item apart from labour was the spark plugs, nearly $30 a piece! However I was told by a VW dealer here in Brisbane that of course they can service them but if a part is required it has to be sourced thru a Skoda dealer. On my first service they made a adjustment to the suspension which altered the feel a little. Use to it now, I recall when I first drove the car on test I was so impressed with the ride, almost like riding on smooth glass.

Thanks

Hi Warpedchilli.... My Yeti is coming with five years warranty but I doubt I will get it serviced by Skoda for the full five years. I was told by our dealer that as well as doing the actual mechanical service they also update the satellite navigation system and also update the engine management system at each service. I will probably get the first, third, fifth etc etc services done at the dealer and maybe the interim services done by a local reputable mechanic.

I was also very impressed with the ride quality during the test drive, the car felt very solid and very planted on the road. While doing research the only negative points were that the gear selector lever was a little on the low side and that there was occasional wind noise from around the door mirrors. I know I can live with the low gear lever and I doubt the wind noise will be so intrusive as to be a problem. My wife's 2013 Fiesta also suffers a touch of wind noise, it really isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Leapoz View Post
    We expect delivery around early to mid November.
    Hi Leapoz, have you received your new Yeti yet? If so how do you like it and how are the weathersheilds you bought.