Thread: Updating Sat Nav

Thanks

Default Updating Sat Nav

I just had my 2015 MY16 Yeti serviced by Peninsula Skoda in Frankston, Vic.... I have noticed that the satellite navigation is not picking up a new road that I use from time to time. I contacted the service department and they said that updating the satellite navigation is not part of the service. I would have thought it should be. They said I can enter the VIN number of the car on their website and get downloads from there.... has anybody done this? Does it work? I would appreciate any information you can give me... thanks.

Thanks

yes, my brother did it in his new car. Having said that, I downloaded this file for him as his internet is shocking (2GB from memory).

Just put in on the SD card then turn on car from memory...

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Thanks

Thanks so much jnrdavo.... I will give it a try very soon and get back to you. But surely updating the built in sat nav should be part of the yearly service if carried out by a dealer.

Thanks

I agree it should... but then again, sometimes you don't want them to do updates... We just had our jeep in for a service, they did an update, now the satnav won't change states (eg, nsw to qld), and the fans on the car some on full bore from time to time!