Thread: Super 2017 - set backs

Default Super 2017 - set backs

Hey all - wondering if there are some wise heads that can help me make a decision. I have been looking at the Superb for a few months now and it's crunch time to pull the trigger and buy something. My toss up is between the Superb 206 fully loaded and optioned wagon vs the Passat wagon fully loaded 206-R. I have driven both and are quite similar considering they are essentially the same motors, chassis and with the risk of sounding stupid...company. However I really like the the Superb but a few of the features (especially the interior, R-style seats and the dynamic dash) of the Passat feels and looks much better than the Skoda offering. Any assistance or thoughts would be greatly valued - perhaps I'm overlooking something. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I would say the R is a better 'driving' car than the Superb... All depends on what you are after. Comfort, long trips, or more for weekend driving on winding roads etc..

What's the price difference and warranties?

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I would say the R is a better 'driving' car than the Superb... All depends on what you are after. Comfort, long trips, or more for weekend driving on winding roads etc..

What's the price difference and warranties?
    Spend lots of time in the car driving and will use mostly for work. As mentioned I have tried both and are a much of a muchness drive wise. Warranty and pricing pretty similar really but think Skoda are now doing 5 yr on Superb will double check the Passat but think the same. I really like the Skoda but believe the price is too much considering resale value and that it has a few lesser features than the Passat but would appreciate if anyone can tell me otherwise. Do you have a Superb? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

no, but my mechanic around the corner has a superb. Only problem that I know of is the transmission... It 'went' just outside of warranty, so he had to fight a bit to get it replaced/repaired (might have been the mechatronics unit).