Thread: MY18 Octavia Sport sat nav and rattle issues

Thanks

Default MY18 Octavia Sport sat nav and rattle issues

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues to me - I just bought a brand new MY18 Octavia Sport with the luxury and tech pack.

From day 1 the Sat Nav has not been working (the pin is in a completely different location to where the actual car is) - they apparently replaced the whole entertainment unit yet the same issue existed, and I was told it was a software issue and they don't know when the software update will be released (and that I would simply have to wait). I was told however, the sat nav would work with Apply Car Play, however exactly the same problem occurs as soon as I connect my phone to use the maps. I've updated and reset my iPhone, logged in and out of iCloud, basically everything to try and rectify the car play issues with no luck, and unfortunately have been abandoned by my car salesman.

Since then, the panel next to the gear box on the passenger side rattles constantly, particularly over course roads.

It's with the servicing department now but I'm keen to know if anyone has had similar problems or suggestions to help! Thanks!

Thanks

Default Resolved

Issues now resolved.

Anyone else having similar issues here's what happened - the aerial wasn't connected properly to the unit hence the GPS pin was way off, and the Apple Car play is now working perfectly too (so get them to check the aerial connection BEFORE replacing the entire entertainment unit - it also had nothing to do with software updates).

With the rattle, there was a lose screw in the panel next to the gearbox on the passenger side they tightened (similar issues in Mk 7.5 golf according to the servicing rep).

Thanks

nice one! Good of them to find it easily without having to rip apart the entire dash..