Thread: Kodiaq (2017 plate) "imminent frontal collision" icon display frequently popping up o

Thanks

Default Kodiaq (2017 plate) "imminent frontal collision" icon display frequently popping up o

Thanks in advance for advice on my question, that the Skoda Kodiaq manual does not seem to mention (at least that I can find, including their display icon on the list of their iconographics), of an "impending forward collision".

I've had my (top of the range) Kodiaq (2017 plate, 2018 purchase), for about 3 months now, and ABSOLUTELY loving it (especially having done a recent road trip to the Hunter Valley wineries from Briz and back), but all too frequently an "icon" (depicting an imminent collision from front or side) implodes on my drive screen, with associated automatic braking, but without obvious reason.

This does is not documented in the Skodia online manual, including even the "forward impact iconographic" that pops up on screen during these seemingly random events. These include pedestrian traffic islands, mid road signs, roundabouts etc.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust in the Kodiaq software system to eliminate these non-threatening proximity responses, or is this a unique software system problem that my Skoda dealer needs to reprogram?

Many thanks in advance. Cheers, John

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hi John,

We also have a Jeep that will put on the bakes etc, sometimes scaring the you-know-what out of you.... There is a menu option to turn this off, or what sensitivity (forward collision warning)..

Is what you are seeing the same as this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUY5JNgDl0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

John Hooper (May 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Hi John,

We also have a Jeep that will put on the bakes etc, sometimes scaring the you-know-what out of you.... There is a menu option to turn this off, or what sensitivity (forward collision warning)..

Is what you are seeing the same as this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUY5JNgDl0
    Thanks for the Youtube link @jnrdavo, but it's still unclear to me how I can turnoff, or at best "desensitise" the Imminent 'Impact Warning Message', and subsequent ridiculously immediate breaking response, when no significant impact threat is obvious - like tilting at windmills!

I guess I need to elevate this issue up to Skoda 'central', as no other responses on this forum have yet provided any useful solutions.

Cheers, John

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

yeah, give them a call mate and ask how to 'refine' it... I can now 'sense' when the Jeep is going to do it... If I cover/lightly press the brakes, it won't happen, but if I'm accelerating (because I know I've time and the car is turning), it will jump in and press the brakes for me..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

John Hooper (Yesterday)