Thread: Skoda Kodiaq, 2017 plate, boot lock malfunction

Thanks

Default Skoda Kodiaq, 2017 plate, boot lock malfunction

Greetings Skoda owners

For no apparent/ obvious reason, my Kodiaq (2017 plate, 2018 delivery 4.0 TSI), does not lock the boot lid anymore. The boot lid hydrolics still function perfectly, opening and closing, but the actual boot lock does not function.

We're on a road trip through the "granite belt" of sth QLD, and 200km from any Skoda-competent mechanic, but is this already a known fault with a more simple solution than a competent mechanic?

Thanks again, Skoda Kodiaq owner community.

Cheers, John

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

do the other doors lock, or are you left not being able to lock the car?

If nothing will lock, that will most likely be another key left in the car :-)

If just the boot, check that nothing is blocking the 'lock' at the bottom of the tailgate... probably not the issue, but worth checking..

Depending on how far you are, you could pop in to VW at Warwick, they will be able to plug in a scanner and see if any errors on the car..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

John Hooper (February 15th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    do the other doors lock, or are you left not being able to lock the car?

If nothing will lock, that will most likely be another key left in the car :-)

If just the boot, check that nothing is blocking the 'lock' at the bottom of the tailgate... probably not the issue, but worth checking..

Depending on how far you are, you could pop in to VW at Warwick, they will be able to plug in a scanner and see if any errors on the car..
    I apologise for not responding to your suggestion ealier @jnrdavo. I'm not yet well-versed in the Skoda Tapatalk blog methodology.

After that incident back in mid-2018, where the Kodiaq boot-lock failed to completely lock during a family road trip, the dealership in Brisbane did a warranty repair (ie replacement of the boot lock motor), and suggested further that it "might probably be" a factory recall for 2017-built Kodiaqs to replace this allegedly failed small motor - "the final click"

Cheers, John

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

All good John... so no more problems?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

John Hooper (February 15th, 2019)