Thread: Superb Sportline servicing

Thanks

Default Superb Sportline servicing

Hi, just picked up my new Skoda and can anyone let me know the deal with the electronic service book? I reluctant to let Skoda service the car as they have a poor rep but can my usual licensed mechy access the e service book?

Thanks

yeah, a few comments on the interweb on this one.

I'd get in contact with your mechanic and see what they say. I doubt that Skoda would have the legal 'rights' to lock down a service record, but then again...

Some chat here...

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...g-Book-etc-%21

Thanks

Thanks. That makes interesting reading, as long as a licensed mechanic uses genuine parts they cannot legally void the warranty. But they are making it difficult with the phone App e-record and what I hear is there is little or no detail in the receipts. I see I can pickup a generic Skoda service book from the UK. I will see what the mechy thinks he normally services Mercs and Audi anyway. Thanks for the help.��

Thanks

Got my genuine Skoda Service book from the UK via eBay last week. this will allow me to keep a record of my mechanics service without having to bend to the e-service BS that Skoda are forcing on us. $20 AUD from vaggenuineparts seller. Covers most models and is a genuine dealer service history schedule duplicate. They should offer these as a purchasable alternative.

Thanks

yeah, agree. I'm assuming they don't want the general public to have access to the records, which I think is a scam..