• Welcome to ozSkoda.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozSkoda.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Beeps

ramac

Hi - I have a Octavio RS Wagon. From time to time with or without the navigator on the car beeps. Does anyone know why?* The vehicle is also diesel powered. The handbook states Do Not Use Bio-diesel. Use only EN950 rated fuel.
* it the radio looking for Traffic Station. I need to disarm.
As 5% Bio-diesel is now/or was to be legal in NSW as from this year and as EN950 allows 5% Bio, should I be concerned.

Perhaps Skoda Australia needs to update the information to users. The answer from VW Australia I find alarming. You use Bio-diesel and you may not know that you are and engine or engine parts are damaged r destoryed, then as far as VW Australia is your on your own. Just you, your insurance company & the fuel company. Good luck. Shame that VW Australia did not have the fore sight to bring to Australia vehicles that can safely use Bio-diesel as it legal to sell that product, at least in NSW.

Fortunately I only use the vehicle in a semi rural area with mainly 80+ speed limits and distances over 15 minutes.

No problems so far as I only use Shell diesel.

Thanks

Ramac

Last edited:
Hi Ramac, not sure about the diesel (I have a petrol model), but the beep could be the Traffic Program (TP). The RNS510 may detect/lose the TP signal from a radio station and each time it does it may beep. As far as I know the Australian models can not use the TP (requires subscription or something - done at the dealer). To stop it, turn off the TP function in settings. Cheers.

Back