• Welcome to ozSkoda.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozSkoda.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NARVA globes

Alkor

Hi guys!

Picked up a new Octavia Ambition 2016 with Travel Pack on Friday. Read the manual from start to finish but could not find any info about the globes installed in the car. The manual only tells me how to replace them.
I like to have a little more light than the standard ride comes with. I replaced all stock globes in my previous cars with NARVA globes which give more light output at the same electrical consumption rate and a different light temperature if you want it.
Can someone shed LIGHT on this omission in the manual or do I have to actually pull out the globe assemblies to identify them?

Went for lunch in Blackheath today and clocked up 280km. Very impressive fuel consumption! Came back with more than a half tank. Very quiet, responsive engine and comfortable seats too.

Should have bought one years ago!

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter, it may be to do with they may have different lamps for different markets/countries, so they are not listed in a 'generic' manual.

Best bet is to pop one out to be sure what is in there :)

OK, pulled the globes out last night.

Model 2016 Octavia Ambition Sedan with Travel Pack
Headlight cluster:
Inner bulbs - Main beam, daytime running lights, parking lights = OSRAM H15
Outer bulbs - Low beam = OSRAM H7

There is no better (more light) H15 bulb from Narva available but the H7 has a number of higher light output options at the same electrical rating.

I replaced the headlight globes of two of my previous vehicles with Narva ones and was very happy with the result.

Back