Thread: two more sleeps

Thanks

Default two more sleeps

Hi all I'm Scott. I live in Cronulla and, fingers crossed, in two more sleeps should be taking delivery of my Kodiaq Sportline in Velvet Red. Having test driven the car I am very excited. It replaces a 10 year old X-trail which was a great car that I had from new. I hope the Kodiaq proves to be as reliable and versatile. I'm excited to be a member of your community and look forward to getting to know you all and the car.

Cheers Scott.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Scott.

It's an exciting day, picking up a new car, especially in this climate (rain and covid!).

Take some pics and post them up when you get the car, if you have any time from not driving around with a huge smile on your face :-)

Great colour choice Scott, I have a Superb Sportline in the same colour. Welcome to the club.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Welcome to the forum Scott.

It's an exciting day, picking up a new car, especially in this climate (rain and covid!).

Take some pics and post them up when you get the car, if you have any time from not driving around with a huge smile on your face :-)
    Thanks mate. So I got it yesterday. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. Obviously I test drove it for a good hour or so but you can only glean so much from that. I then spent the next few weeks before ordering reading literally every review, twice. To say the thing exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. Only time will tell but as long as it's solid and reliable I could be a Skoda guy for life. Pics to follow when the weather cooperates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jslux View Post
    Great colour choice Scott, I have a Superb Sportline in the same colour. Welcome to the club.
    Cheers. It is a really really good colour. Up close it is stunning in my opinion. I rolled the dice on it as I hadn't seen it in the flesh. When it turned up I was so happy.

Thanks

I've also already ordered the front badge that you posted up in the members ride section so that it is all blacked out. Not sure why they'd black out the grill, roof bars and all the rear badges then leave the bonnet badge in chrome. It's going to look the balls when that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by EsPeGe View Post
    Cheers. It is a really really good colour. Up close it is stunning in my opinion. I rolled the dice on it as I hadn't seen it in the flesh. When it turned up I was so happy.
    Same here. I originally ordered a black car and they failed to deliver on time. But saw a Velvet Red in the dealer then reordered that. It does look nice in the sun

Yes I totally agree, seems like they just fell short of completing the job. The Superb had chrome rear badges too which I blacked out.
    IMG_20200111_162725.jpg

Thanks

Yes I totally agree, seems like they just fell short of completing the job. The Superb had chrome rear badges too which I blacked out.
    Looks good, the badge I ordered has the velvet red inside the black outline. Hopefully it'll turn up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EsPeGe View Post
    Looks good, the badge I ordered has the velvet red inside the black outline. Hopefully it'll turn up soon.
    Yep that's the same as mine for the front. They didn't make a Velvet Red one for the back though so I just sprayed it Satin Black