Thread: Superb Elegance Sedan - Trouble Opening Boot

Thanks

Default Superb Elegance Sedan - Trouble Opening Boot

I have a 2017 Superb Elegance sedan. It's a truly sensational car - but I cannot believe the difficulties at getting the boot open. The manual button release works ~ 60% of the time. The foot detection works ~ 40% of the time. Sometimes I need to get the key out of my pocket - and even that doesn't work sometimes. The dealer have looked at it at least 6 times over the years I've owned it.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I'm really over getting out of the car and taking 5 or 6 attempts to get the boot open - it's a $50,000 car....

Does anyone else have the same problem? If so, is there any wisdom out there? I'm not confident I'll get anywhere with the dealer.

Thanks in advance - greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Richard.

Hi Richard,

I have a 2018 Superb Sportline wagon and had no issues that you described.

I guess its either the proximity key failing to be recognized by the vehicle, (I presume you've changed the battery in the fob) or something to do with the locking mechanism not properly releasing.

I'm afraid I have never had a great deal of faith in Skoda dealers and get mine serviced by an independent.

Maybe our admin may have some ideas?

Thanks

Hi Richard, how much have you narrowed it down?

have you tried both keys?

1. Try key 1 in pocket and standing near car. Press button. Does it work? Repeat 10 times, how many times work?
    2. Repeat above with key 2

If you are getting the same amount of successful openings with the different keys, the it's likely not the key, but either the 'receiver' in the car, or the latch.

Also note that 'other' items in your pocket can cause errors (like other keys with remotes, credit card 'safe' wallets etc)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'll give these suggestions a try (I've only tried one key to date). I really appreciate the feedback and help.

Richard.