Thread: Superb Service

Default Superb Service

So dropped my Superb Sportline in for its 30K service last night at Cricks on the sunshine coast. I have always used an independent for interim services and never had great experience with Skoda dealers.
    Was told it would be around $460 and they asked were there any issues. I said the start button seems to be getting hesitant when I push it regardless of which key fob I use, he said we can take a look but its an additional $160 just to do a diagnostic.

I will keep you appraised but to be honest its under warranty and they are already changing me to look at warranty issues. Isn't the point of a service to inspect the car for issues?

Unless the result is better than the initial dropoff this is the last time Skoda will ever see this car.

Collected the car this afternoon. Service was $451 so within the limits of the quote. They did a diagnostic test on the ignition button and turns out there was a fault with the switch so they have ordered a new one and its covered under warranty.

So they have renewed my faith in Skoda servicing a little bit. Interesting the car is 2.5 years old with 30,000 kms on the clock and I have replaced the master window lifter switch and now the ignition button.

Apart from that trouble free motoring.

J

Thanks

yeah, sometimes dealers can come through, then other times...

We purchased a renault as a run about (gt 220, turbo, good suspension etc), it was still under warranty. Had a bad rattle in the sunroof. Took it back 4 times to get it fixed, each time they would say 'we can't find the fault'... Even took the mechanic for a drive so he could hear, and he did...

Still rattling todate. Out of warranty now. Covid hit, so didn't take it back to fix. Need it fixing now as it's getting worse, so hopefully they will just do it outside of warranty for nothing as they didn't fix it the first time!

It's strange that something that costs thousands of dollars (your new car) can have faulty parts in a few years, where others can last 10+ years. I'm wondering if that is just part of modern manufacturing nowadays (I thought it was supposed to be better!)

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post

It's strange that something that costs thousands of dollars (your new car) can have faulty parts in a few years, where others can last 10+ years. I'm wondering if that is just part of modern manufacturing nowadays (I thought it was supposed to be better!)
    So true, I brought a new Hybrid Camry in 2010, gave it to the wife after 3 years, and she still has it now - New battery and tires is all its had. 130k on the clock hasn't missed a beat. I've gone through a Mazda 6 and now on the Skoda in the meantime. Friends up here got a brand new BMW Msport X1. Had it 6 months, 500kms on it hardly driven and the bearings went in the aircon compressor?

There just doesn't seem to be consistency regardless of brand.